Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh baby!

You have given us quite the scare.  The Sunday after we told Jason’s family we were expecting I went to the restroom and noticed a little bit of blood when I wiped.  I know this can happen and everything will be fine so I laid down and tried to stay off my feet the rest of the night.  Until I had to go to the restroom again.  This time there was a lot of blood – bright red blood which I know isn’t good.  I completely lost it. 

I called my mom and cried a big ugly cry.  She reminded me that my doctors office would have an after hours line and that I needed to call them.  The nurse on call was great and tried to get me to calm down, but I just new it was over.  The next morning my doctor’s office called and got me in for an ultrasound, but wanted me to know that because we were so early we probably wouldn’t even see the baby – let a lone a heartbeat.

3:00 finally rolled around, (at this point I was still bleeding, but not as much as the night before) and we made it to our appointment.  I kept telling myself that it was over and not to be hopeful.  It was painful waiting in the lobby looking at all of these pregnant ladies and babies.  Fortunately we didn’t have to wait too long.  To our surprise the nurse practitioner was not only able to find a baby, but also the baby’s heartbeat!!!  We have since had two follow-up ultrasounds and everything is looking great!  My doctor says at this point we have less than a 2% chance of miscarriage.  And because my doctor is amazing we get to go in at 10 weeks to get another look at the baby just to calm my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment